A sunny dish with flavors of Sicilian tomato and capers, which alone or accompanied will satisfy young and old. As an...
Recipe Sedani salad with cherry tomatoes and basil pesto05/30/2023
A refreshing and easy-to-make summer recipe, to accompany a barbecue, for a meal with friends or a picnic with the...
Search in blog
Recipe Meatballs with capers and tomato
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 500g of fresh pork belly
- 500g pork loin
- 30gr of salted capers from Sapori Eoliani*
- 1 bottle of tomato puree from Az. Agri Barbuscia*
- Oregano from Pantelleria d'Etimò*
- Organic Olive Oil Masseria Calongo*
- Riserva del Mare fine salt *
- 1 egg
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 glass of white wine
- 30g of flour
- some coriander leaves for garnish
* Products available at MO Tra Mozzarelle & Olive and on www.mozzarelle-olive.com
- Desalinate the capers with Sapori Eoliani salt by washing them in fresh water. Book.
- Remove the rind from the fresh breast.
- Pass the fresh breast and the loin through a fine mesh meat grinder.
- Peel and cut the shallot in 4 and pass it through a mincer.
- Peel the garlic clove and cut it in half. Mash one half and add it to the minced meat and reserve the other.
- Add half the glass of white wine to the minced meat
- Salt up to 10gr of Riserva del Mare Fine Salt and add 1 teaspoon of Oregano from Pantelleria from Etimò
- Take 1/3 of the salt capers from Sapori Eoliani, choosing the largest ones, and chop them finely. Add them to the minced meat
- Add the egg to the minced meat as well as the flour that you will have sifted beforehand.
- Mix and leave for 15 mins
- Form about twenty balls the size of a scoop of ice cream or, according to your preference, about forty small ones
- In a large frying pan, put a dab of Masseria Calongo Organic Olive Oil and add the remaining half clove of garlic
- When the ½ clove of garlic begins to simmer, add half or thirds of the meatballs and turn them as you go so that they brown on all sides.
- Once golden, remove 2/3 of the meatballs and deglaze with the remaining white wine.
- Once the alcohol has evaporated, add the tomato pulp from Az. Agri Barbuscia and almost the same amount of water
- Add the remaining capers with salt from Sapori Eoliani and 1 teaspoon of Oregano from Pantelleria from Etimò
- Return the remaining meatballs to the sauce and cook for about twenty minutes over low heat.
- Serve alone or accompanied with pasta such as fusilli, farfale, penne or any other form of pasta according to your wishes.
- Enjoy your meal !
Leave a comment
Recipe Risotto alla milanese
04/11/2023It is certainly the most famous risotto, the Milanese one, or in its original version: il risotto alla milanese. It...Read more
Neapolitan style tubetti and peas recipe
04/18/2023A recipe that heralds spring: Neapolitan pea tubetti. A recipe born in Naples in the middle of the 19th century,...Read more
White asparagus pesto
04/22/2023A seasonal recipe with this delicious easy-to-make white asparagus pesto, tip of asparagus and the excellent...Read more
Green asparagus risotto
05/05/2023April to June is high season for green asparagus and nothing like a risotto to highlight the flavors of this...Read more
Recipe Sedani salad with cherry tomatoes and basil pesto
05/30/2023A refreshing and easy-to-make summer recipe, to accompany a barbecue, for a meal with friends or a picnic with the...Read more