A sunny dish with flavors of Sicilian tomato and capers, which alone or accompanied will satisfy young and old. As an...
Recipe Sedani salad with cherry tomatoes and basil pesto05/30/2023
A refreshing and easy-to-make summer recipe, to accompany a barbecue, for a meal with friends or a picnic with the...
Search in blog
Recipe Sedani salad with cherry tomatoes and basil pesto
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 180g (90g/pers) Maiella organic Sedani Rigate*
- 1 Pesto Basil and Almonds from Pesto Puglia*
- 1 bunch of cherry tomatoes
- Riserva del Mare fine salt*
- Coarse Salt Riserva del Mare*
- Calongo Organic Olive Oil*
- Acetomodena* organic balsamic vinegar
* Products available at MO Tra Mozzarelle & Olive www.mozzarelle-olive.com and in store
- Cook the Maiella organic Sedani Rigate in 2 liters of salted water at 2g (the rule is 1 liter of water per 100g of dry salted pasta at 1g/litre) with Riserva del Mare Coarse Salt. The cooking time indicated on the package of pasta counts from the recovery of broth. Drain and let cool.
- Once the pasta has cooled (cook it in the morning for lunch, at noon for the evening or in the evening for the next day) prepare your sauce as follows.
- In a salad bowl, put a pinch of Riserva del Mare fine salt and a turn or two of the pepper mill (optional), pour a tablespoon of Acetomodena organic balsamic vinegar and 3 tablespoons of Calongo organic olive oil. Then add 2 tablespoons of Pesto Basil and Almonds of Pesto Puglia. Mix to obtain a nice homogeneous sauce.
- Wash and cut the cherry tomatoes in 4, and add them to the sauce
- Add the Maiella organic Sedani Rigate. Mix, it's ready! Enjoy your meal !
- You can substitute the Sedani with other pasta formats such as organic Tacconi from Maiella for example.
- You can "improve" the salad by adding a few capers or even tuna.
Leave a comment
Recipe Risotto alla milanese
04/11/2023It is certainly the most famous risotto, the Milanese one, or in its original version: il risotto alla milanese. It...Read more
Neapolitan style tubetti and peas recipe
04/18/2023A recipe that heralds spring: Neapolitan pea tubetti. A recipe born in Naples in the middle of the 19th century,...Read more
White asparagus pesto
04/22/2023A seasonal recipe with this delicious easy-to-make white asparagus pesto, tip of asparagus and the excellent...Read more
Green asparagus risotto
05/05/2023April to June is high season for green asparagus and nothing like a risotto to highlight the flavors of this...Read more
The real Carbonara
05/30/2023A great classic, the recipe as it is made in Italy, with only 4 ingredients: spaghetti, guanciale, eggs and parmesan...Read more