A sunny dish with flavors of Sicilian tomato and capers, which alone or accompanied will satisfy young and old. As an...
Recipe Sedani salad with cherry tomatoes and basil pesto05/30/2023
A refreshing and easy-to-make summer recipe, to accompany a barbecue, for a meal with friends or a picnic with the...
Search in blog
The real Carbonara
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 200gr of Organic Spaghetti from Maiella*
- 125g Guanciale*
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 gr grated parmesan 24 months*
- Coarse salt and fine salt Riserva del Mare *
* Products available at MO Tra Mozzarella & Olive
- Cut the Guanciale into matchsticks neither too thin nor too big
- Brown the Guanciale in the pan. Once crisp remove the Guanciale and set aside. Keep the fat in the pan as needed if there is too much, remove some
- Cook the Maiella Organic Spaghetti in a large pot of coarse Riserva del Mare salted water
- In a bowl, beat the whole egg with the egg yolks
- Add in this mixture the grated parmesan and mix so as to obtain a thick and homogeneous cream
- Season by adding Riserva del Mare fine salt, pepper and grated nutmeg to your liking
- Add 1/4 ladle of cooking water to the egg-parmesan cream and whisk to obtain a smooth cream.
- Put the drained spaghetti in the fat of the Guanciale and fry
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Put the Guanciale in the cream, then add it to the spaghetti
- Mix and serve. Add a grind of black pepper as desired.
- Enjoy your meal
It is also possible to replace Spaghetti with linguine or tagliatelle.
NB : If you want to make more than 2 servings then you will apply the following rule: 1 whole egg invariably for any multiple of 4 servings. So for 4: 1 whole egg and 4 egg yolks. For 6 2 whole eggs and 6 egg yolks
Leave a comment
Recipe Risotto alla milanese
04/11/2023It is certainly the most famous risotto, the Milanese one, or in its original version: il risotto alla milanese. It...Read more
Neapolitan style tubetti and peas recipe
04/18/2023A recipe that heralds spring: Neapolitan pea tubetti. A recipe born in Naples in the middle of the 19th century,...Read more
White asparagus pesto
04/22/2023A seasonal recipe with this delicious easy-to-make white asparagus pesto, tip of asparagus and the excellent...Read more
Green asparagus risotto
05/05/2023April to June is high season for green asparagus and nothing like a risotto to highlight the flavors of this...Read more
Recipe Sedani salad with cherry tomatoes and basil pesto
05/30/2023A refreshing and easy-to-make summer recipe, to accompany a barbecue, for a meal with friends or a picnic with the...Read more